With one in six Kiwi adults diagnosed with a common mental illness, many workplaces will have employees experiencing anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorder.
Identifying the signs and symptoms of mental distress and how to help in a crisis is the premise behind PressGo’s popular Mental Health First Aid workshop.
Our Mental Health First Aid workshop gives people the confidence and communication skills to identify, understand and respond to a crisis situation in the workplace.
In this 3 hour workshop you’ll learn:
- The difference between mental health and mental illness
- How to identify signs and symptoms of mental distress
- How to deal with a crisis, and de-escalation techniques
- Strategies and tools to maintain mental wellbeing
- How to start a conversation about mental wellbeing in the work place
- How to guide someone to seek help