Learn how to achieve a positive relationship and outcomes as a care or support worker while maintaining your own mental wellbeing.
This unique programme empowers people in caring professions to help give their clients purpose and meaning. The programme incorporates the New Zealand Disability Strategy guidelines, including the enabling good lives model and strengths-based approach.
Keeping yourself well:
- Strategies and tools to maintain your personal wellbeing
- Building resilience and the stress dial
Working well with clients:
- Engagement and empowerment
- Positive communication (strengths-based approach)
- Respectful intervention strategies
- De-escalation techniques
- Code of Rights refresher (optional) - how well do you know the code?
Working well as a team
- Team communication - personality communication styles
- Maintaining your professionalism in difficult situations
- Healthy 'unpacking'
The programme consists of 2 x three hour workshops which can be hosted at your workplace or off-site to suit you.
Morning or afternoon tea included.